CINCINNATI YOGA ASSOCIATION serves the greater Tri-State area of Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky with a professional organization for Yoga teachers, students and enthusiasts.
Established: 1975 in Cincinnati, Ohio . View the History page on our website.
OUR PURPOSE IS THREE FOLD:
We are a vibrant community of yoga teachers and yoga students/enthusiasts providing educational support and social opportunities.
Honoring diversity in practices and styles, CYA embraces the essence of yoga, union, and provides opportunities for the greater Cincinnati area yoga teachers and students to get to know each other through social events, gatherings for practice, annual dinner and guest presentations.
Spring Social is a wonderful way for you to get to know other current teachers and honor the rich diversity and history of Yoga in greater Cincinnati area and network info about you, your classes, studio. Two teachers will present an educational yoga practice for all.
Annual Dinner and guest presentation is a few decades old/young annual event (since 1975) where teachers and now students gather for social re-unions, networking, and for a special guest yoga presentation.
CYA provides opportunities to learn from area teachers and guest presenters at our events and encourages ongoing education opportunities in a non-competitive environment at events. Throughout our history, we have gathered together to study with experts in Yoga and other holistic modalities from around the world. CYA promotes continued education with a current and ancient knowledge blend.
The *Cincinnati Yoga Association – A non-for-profit association uniting and supporting yoga teachers, yoga students and yoga enthusiasts since 1975! (*formally CYTA – Cincinnati Yoga Teachers Association)
If you love the many benefits, variations of the ancient and ever evolving practice of yoga and want to connect with individuals in the Greater Cincinnati area who share your passion…Cincinnati Yoga Association is for YOU!
You don’t have to be a yoga teacher to be a member of this supportive and nurturing community.
If you are a yoga teacher, the benefits of a Cincinnati Yoga Association membership are:
- Your teacher contact information listed on the Cincinnati Yoga Association website
- Cincinnati Yoga Association CONNECTIONS: an e-publication exclusively for and about Cincinnati Yoga Association members – a venue for sharing information with your Cincinnati Yoga Association colleagues about what you offer
- Free attendance to the Cincinnati Yoga Association Annual Dinner Meeting: an annual opportunity for meeting and greeting your yoga friends and colleagues, held in the fall of every year (guests are welcome at an additional charge)
- Admission to all Cincinnati Yoga Association events, such as, Spring Social/Study and Roundtable practice sessions throughout your membership year.
- Free admission to Cincinnati Yoga Association Yoga Roundtable events
If you are not a yoga teacher and are a yoga student or enthusiast, Cincinnati Yoga Association membership benefits are:
- Cincinnati Yoga Association Connections: an e-publication exclusively for and about Cincinnati Yoga Association members
- Free attendance to the Annual Dinner Meeting: an annual opportunity for meeting and greeting your yoga friends and colleagues
- Discounted admission to all Cincinnati Yoga Association sponsored events
To learn more about Cincinnati Yoga Association membership, click here.